Palouse Discovery Science Center Educator
07.2018 – 03.2019
- Developed activities to enhance scientific understanding of visitors.
- Collaborated with parents and children to provide an enjoyable, educational experience.
- Assisted in museum upkeep and exhibit care.
Teaching Assistant for Operation Wallacea
- Traveled to Peru with my past AP Biology Teacher as an assistant teacher to 15 high school students.
- Worked collaboratively with scientists from around the world and other high school groups on a research boat on the Amazon for two weeks.
- Mentored a group of 6 students throughout the research excursion and lead outreach activities in local villages on the Rio Samiria.
- Communicated with scientists to improve data collection techniques and increase student assistance during the daily transects.
Teaching Assistant for Mammology (Bio 428) in the WSU Biology Dept. under Dr. Daniela Monk
08.2017 – 12.2017
- Prepared lab materials each week with the correlating specimen by communicating with the campus museum curator (Dr. Kelly Cassidy) to retrieve the necessary specimen from the research collection.
- Formatted worksheets and exams for learning outcomes and student success.
WSU Orientation Counselor for New Student Programs (NSP)
01.2017 – 08.2017
- Selected from a large number of applicants to represent Washington State University as a leader and a role model for future students.
- Provided resources to students and parents during the three-day orientation process.
Washington State University Child Center Assistant Teacher
08.2015 – 05.2016
- Created and implemented daily projects for children ages 2-3 to ensure age-appropriate learning.
Early Learning Center Educator for PEPC
06.2014 – 06.2016
- Worked as a primary caregiver for children ranging 15 months to 5 years old.
- Obtained Early Childhood Education teaching certificate in 2015.
Interview-A-Scientist Outreach Program
Kid’s Science and Engineering Day Volunteer for Scientista, a group focused on empowering Women in STEM
Washington State University President’s Commission on the Status of Women Member
2017 – 2018
Educational Volunteer For Local STEAM Events
Franklin Elementary Pullman, WA Science Fair Judge
2017 – 2019
Washington State University Biology Club President
2017 – 2019
Destination Washington State University School of Biological Sciences Outreach Speaker
2016 – 2019
Volunteer at the Biological Graduate Student Association Family Fun Day Event (Spring and Fall)
2016 – 2019