Finger, J., Armstrong, M., Thomas, C., Levri, E., and Dybdahl, M. Invasive range expansion: environmental tolerance of widespread and restricted clonal lineages. manuscript submitted for Biological Invasions, 2020.
Armstrong, M., Smithson, M., and Dybdahl, M. Phenotypic Plasticity as an Explanation for Invasion Success. manuscript in editing phase.
Awards & Grants
- UCD Dean’s Mentorship Award (2021)
- NSF GRFP Award (2021)
- UC Davis Graduate Research Award (2020)
- WSU Outstanding Senior in Biology (2019)
- Fulbright Semi-Finalist (2019)
- WSU George Van Vleet Jr. Memorial Scholarship recipient (2018)
- Certificate of Completion of Physalia Course in “Epigenomic Data Analysis” taken in Berlin, Germany (2018)
- WSU School of Biological Sciences Summer Undergraduate research funding (2017, 2018)
- WSU Emeritus Award (4 students selected) (2017)
- WSU Presidential LEAD leadership Award Recipient (2017)
- WSU School of Biological Sciences student spotlight (2017)
- WSU College of Arts and Sciences summer mini-grant for personal research (2016, 2017)
- WSU Brelsford Housing Award due to research involvement (2016-2017)
- WSU Auvil Scholars Fellowship (2016)
- Stressful Cities: Genomic Variation Across S. purpuratus Populations Associated with Coastal Urban Stress
- 2020 Western Society of Naturalists Virtual Conference.
- 2020 Center for Population Biology Workshop, Flashtalk.
- Phenotypic Plasticity as an Explanation of Invasion Success
- 2019 WSU Honor’s College Thesis Defense.
- Armstrong, M., Smithson, M., and Dybdahl, M. Phenotypic Plasticity as an Explanation of Invasion Success.
- 2019 National Evolution Conference in Providence, RI.
- 2019 WSU Symposium for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities (SURCA). 2nd place
- Armstrong, M., Smithson, M., Hudak, A., and Dybdahl, M. Is Phenotypic Variation Within and Between Populations of a Parthenogenic Invasive Species Adaptive?
- 2018 Evolution Washington, Idaho, British Columbia and Oregon Conference (EVO-WIBO). undergraduate poster award
- 2018 WSU SURCA. 1st place
- Armstrong, M., Smithson, M., and Dybdahl, M. Phenotypic Differences in a Single Clonal Type in Newly Colonized and Established Populations.
- 2017 National Evolution Conference in Portland, OR.
- 2017 WSU SURCA. 2nd place
- Thomas, C., Armstrong, M., Dybdahl, M., and Finger, J. Genotype specific differences in the predicted and observed spread of an invasive species.
- 2016 WSU SURCA.